Menu
Bienvenue, Invité
Nom d'utilisateur : Mot de passe : Se souvenir de moi

Warning: Declaration of KunenaBbcodeLibrary::DoURL($bbcode, $action, $name, $default, $params, $content) should be compatible with Nbbc\BBCodeLibrary::doURL(Nbbc\BBCode $bbcode, $action, $name, $default, $params, $content) in /home/lkfrench/www/libraries/kunena/bbcode/bbcode.php on line 525

Warning: Declaration of KunenaBbcodeLibrary::DoEmail($bbcode, $action, $name, $default, $params, $content) should be compatible with Nbbc\BBCodeLibrary::doEmail(Nbbc\BBCode $bbcode, $action, $name, $default, $params, $content) in /home/lkfrench/www/libraries/kunena/bbcode/bbcode.php on line 525

Warning: Declaration of KunenaBbcodeLibrary::DoSize($bbcode, $action, $name, $default, $params, $content) should be compatible with Nbbc\BBCodeLibrary::doSize(Nbbc\BBCode $bbcode, $action, $name, $default, $params, $content) in /home/lkfrench/www/libraries/kunena/bbcode/bbcode.php on line 525

Warning: Declaration of KunenaBbcodeLibrary::DoImage($bbcode, $action, $name, $default, $params, $content) should be compatible with Nbbc\BBCodeLibrary::doImage(Nbbc\BBCode $bbcode, $action, $name, $default, $params, $content) in /home/lkfrench/www/libraries/kunena/bbcode/bbcode.php on line 525

Warning: Declaration of KunenaBbcodeLibrary::DoQuote($bbcode, $action, $name, $default, $params, $content) should be compatible with Nbbc\BBCodeLibrary::doQuote(Nbbc\BBCode $bbcode, $action, $name, $default, $params, $content) in /home/lkfrench/www/libraries/kunena/bbcode/bbcode.php on line 525

Warning: Declaration of KunenaBbcodeLibrary::DoList($bbcode, $action, $name, $default, $params, $content) should be compatible with Nbbc\BBCodeLibrary::doList(Nbbc\BBCode $bbcode, $action, $name, $default, $params, $content) in /home/lkfrench/www/libraries/kunena/bbcode/bbcode.php on line 525
  • Page :

SUJET :

FEEDBACK FROM THE FIELD 22 Jui 2015 22:24 #83614

• annso
  • Portrait de annso Auteur du sujet
  • Modérateur
  • Modérateur
  • Smile at life!
  • Remerciements reçus 663
The European tour is now officially open ! Come and tell us your feedback about the concert!
2008:Nimes (Love Revolution)
2009: Paris, Lyon, Arras (Love Revolution)
2011: lyon, Rouen, Hambourg (BAWA)
2012: Middelfart (BAWA)
2014: Paris, Dijon (Strut)
2015: Olympia, Arras, Festival Beauregard, Skanderborg (Strut)
2018: Bercy, Les Déferlantes, Nîmes, Bordeaux, Tours, Vienne (Raise Vibration)

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

FEEDBACK FROM THE FIELD 27 Sep 2015 18:13 #84680

• annso
  • Portrait de annso Auteur du sujet
  • Modérateur
  • Modérateur
  • Smile at life!
  • Remerciements reçus 663
Very nice feedback from the last show of Strut tour in US, The woodlands
www.woodlandsmonocle.com/woodlands-news/...lenny-kravitz-recap/

The rock “n” roll legend that is Lenny Kravitz and his opening act, breakout star Andra Day, made for a soulful night when the Strut tour stopped by The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion.

Day released her debut album, Cheers To The Fall, in late August, so she could technically still be considered a novice in the industry by the big leaguers; however, she owned the stage like a true veteran. With the slightest hip movement and the smallest flick of the wrist, she had more swagger, soul and presence on stage than most performers I’ve seen in my lifetime. When she sang “only love can break your heart, like poisonous darts”, her voice coated the air like rich caramel.

She transitioned from singing the song about how foolish the ole “L word” can make us sometimes to an impressive Bob Marley mashup that starred “Is This Love” and “Could You Be Loved”. Her performance continued to ebb and flow between covers and record tracks, with standouts being “Gin and Juice (Let Go My Hand)” and Eminem’s “Lose Yourself.” It’s obvious that she feels the music from head to toe and the only way to fully understand the spell that Day casts is to see her perform in person.

He thanked us for coming, saying that it was so great to be back in the USA because it’s been a long time. “I’ve missed you all so much and we’re back,” he said as the lights dimmed and a single spotlight shinned on Kravitz who started playing his acoustic guitar and singing ” It Ain’t Over ‘Till It’s Over.”

The, perhaps, undersung stars of the show were the other musicians that joined Kravitz on stage. Its rare to see a rock performance that is so heavily stacked with powerhouse female musicians including the bassist, drummer and three who backed up vocals while simultaneously playing the tambourine, cow bell, and bongos while dancing flawlessly in sync. Joining the women was a brass trio that featured a heavily soloing saxophone player and one of the best guitarists I’ve ever seen. His solos didn’t last seconds, but minutes and in those minuets I forgot who Kravitz was.

Between “Believe” and “Always On The Run,” he became so distracted by a woman in the crowd holding a sign that said “Wardrobe Malfunction” and he joked that he thought he had already had one. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, Google with major NSFW caution, back to “Always On The Run.” Before he started the song from his 1991 album “Mama Said”, he laid a fun fact on us: he wrote that song while in high school with his buddy, Saul Hudson, who is more commonly known as Slash.

His eccentric stage presence had fans roaring and he really basked in all of the glory as the crowd continued to erupt throughout the night. I probably don’t have to tell you that the ladies love Lenny Kravitz, a fact which became more apparent as the night went on. Mostly because of the holes in his shirt became larger and larger until the concept of a shirt was lost entirely towards the end of the evening. Of course, as a wardrobe malfunction veteran, it didn’t phase him a bit. He just continued to shake what the good people of New York gave him. While playing “Let Love Rule”, Kravitz made a huge lap through the crowd causing fans to go absolutely berserk and a dance party ensued. If anyone thought that was the climax of the show, they were quickly proved wrong when he closed out his set with his two most popular tracks, “Fly Away,” and “Are You Gonna Go My Way.”

I didn’t know what to expect going into a Lenny Kravitz concert and if I’m being totally honest, I thought there was chance that it could be a little on the cheesy side but I was so wrong. From Day’s first song to Kravitz’s last, it was an incredible show and the talent was unreal. When it comes to music, the taste of crow is so pleasant isn’t it?

END

Indeed incredible moment in Houston:
2008:Nimes (Love Revolution)
2009: Paris, Lyon, Arras (Love Revolution)
2011: lyon, Rouen, Hambourg (BAWA)
2012: Middelfart (BAWA)
2014: Paris, Dijon (Strut)
2015: Olympia, Arras, Festival Beauregard, Skanderborg (Strut)
2018: Bercy, Les Déferlantes, Nîmes, Bordeaux, Tours, Vienne (Raise Vibration)
Les utilisateur(s) suivant ont remercié: nanaweb

Connexion ou Créer un compte pour participer à la conversation.

Dernière édition: par annso.
  • Page :
Temps de génération de la page : 0.478 secondes